So what should you do after being in a car accident that you think is your fault?
- Check yourself for injuries then check on the other driver or passengers.
- If anyone is seriously injured, call 911
- Exchange information with the other driver, (i.e. contact details, insurance information, etc)
- If possible, take pictures of the cars and scenes.
- Inform your insurance company. Your call will be recorded, but it is important to tell the truth.
- If you are hurt, go to a doctor. As it is your fault, you will be responsible for the charges so use your health insurance. If you have Personal Injury Protection on your policy, your insurance company may reimburse you for medical bills and lost wages, up to the limit set in your Declaration Sheet of your Insurance company.
At our Office, we represent those injured in accidents that result from someone else's negligence.
If you've been in a vehicle accident that was not your fault, don't deal with the insurance companies alone. Contact us so one of our licensed and experienced attorneys can help guide you.